If You Too Feel Called to Duty
Are you like us? We’re a group of regular Americans who care about our heroes and seek a way to truly help them and see the results. If you are, then consider yourself activated, called to duty to be an advocate and voice for the voiceless.
You will be an advocate for the 39,471 veterans still living on the streets of our nation. Streets where they are being beaten, robbed, even killed.
Yet if this happened behind enemy lines we would be outraged! So we come together to raise awareness that these veterans need our help, and then we raise the funds to help.
For background information you can visit the About Page for the basics.
There are literally thousands of veterans and veteran families sleeping in their cars or in shelters when they do not have to. It hurts us to think of any veteran with his children shivering against their mother in the back seat of their car as she tries to keep them warm. That is real.
Now think about how you, in 30 seconds, can do something about it, to help them be housed tonight! We call that 30 seconds “the least we can do.”
If we all just do the “least” we can each do, it is something! And something is so much more than nothing!
But we don’t have to tell you this, because that is why you are here: to do something!
If you are one of us, one of those who have heard that call of duty to help the veterans still on the streets, then below are our marching orders, what we are doing to help:
Become an Advocate
Enter your email here to receive your advocate updates.
What We Can Do to Help
There are over 39,000 veterans still on the streets. Let’s keep reminding people that we MUST take care of our own.
- Share our Facebook page, or tweet @GetVetsHoused to your followers, friends and fans and ask them to help you house our heroes.
- Contact your local veterans group and veteran-friendly organizations and businesses and let them know how they can get involved.
- Go to the Celebrity Advocate page and share their videos, images and pages to your friends, and even thank them for helping Veterans Matter.
- Join your local Exchange Club to help host an 11/11 @ 7 Rally in your community.
- Tell your friends they can donate via credit card just by texting “VETS” to 41444 or donate at this link.
- If you are with the media, please consider breaking our story nationwide.
- If you are a Cumulus or other radio station visit our Broadcast Resources page for the campaign assets.
- If you are an individual wanting to house veterans, please donate right here (or for larger donations, please mail a check to avoid credit card fees).
- To honor your veteran or current service member by name with your donation purchase a “Veterans Matter Honor Bond.”
- If you are a company wanting to become an area or national sponsor contact us here.
- If you are a community foundation or national foundation wanting to fund a certain geographic region contact us here.
- If you would like to start your own Veterans Matter fundraising campaign, event, or host a virtual fundraiser, click right here.
- Want to donate toward housing a veteran waiting for urgent help right now? Donate now to Operation Greatest Need.
Do you shop online?
Now you can donate to help get veterans off the streets while buying the things you’d buy anyway! Choose to support 1Matters.org/Veterans Matter through AmazonSmile and Amazon will donate 0.5% of your eligible purchases to Operation Greatest Need.
If eBay is more your style, you can browse items individuals are selling with a portion of the sale being donated to help our veterans. And if you have something to sell, you can choose to donate any percentage of your sale to 1Matters.org!