Jordan Reses first got involved with our mission a year ago. The company and its employees have since donated $200,000 to house veterans and veteran families in Michigan, and the nation.
But that wasn’t enough. They did not do the least they can do; they are all doing the most they can do. Heart, head and soul are going into housing our nation’s homeless heroes.
In addition to the corporate and employee donations, the employees decided to host a Silver Star Event fundraiser May 14 in Ann Arbor to raise funds to house more Michigan veterans. Along with a silent auction, Veterans Matter founder Ken Leslie, Detroit Rescue Mission CEO Dr. Chad Audi, and “Bur” Pulliam, one of the veterans housed by the program, are scheduled to speak at the event.
The Silver Star Event will be a fun night featuring food, drinks and incredible items up for auction. Some of the highlights include a two-night stay at the Grand Hotel on Mackinac Island, a football autographed by Peyton Manning, and a guitar signed by the Starman himself, David Bowie (see the full list of live auction items below).
Tickets are just a $25 donation for this event, which is being sponsored by Philips Respironics and RemZzzs, and of course all proceeds will be for Operation Michigan and will go straight to landlords as the deposits for veterans waiting to get off the streets and into their own homes.
And it’s not too late to become a sponsor!
We can’t wait for this exciting night! Will you join us? Even if you can’t, maybe buy a couple tickets to support the cause? You can get more information and buy your tickets here.
The Silver Star Event will be Saturday, May 14 from 6-9 p.m. at Father Gabriel Richard High School: 4333 Whitehall Drive, Ann Arbor, MI.
Listen to Ken and Glen Monroe of Jordan Reses talk about the Silver Star Event on the Lucy Ann Lance Show here: Part 1 and Part 2. You can also catch Glen on Veterans Radio (WAAM 1600) this Sunday, April 24 at 5 p.m.
Items to be auctioned include:
- 8 LPGA Skybox Tickets plus tour of The Golf Channel tv trailors – donated by Volvick Championship
- 3 Days, 2 nights, meals at Mackinac Island – donated by the Grand Hotel
- Golf for 4, lesson w/pro & dinner for 4 – donated by Travis Pointe CC
- 3 tickets for ND/Michigan State Football at Notre Dame and 2 night HGI hotel stay – donated by University of Notre Dame& Hilton
- 2 Tickets to the 2016, NASCAR Truck Series Race “Careers for Veterans 200” including 2 weekend Pit & Paddock Passes Aug 26-28 – donated by Michigan International Speedway
- Tour of the Big House for 10 people – donated by U of M Athletics
- Bowling party for 12 (includes food/Bev) – donated by Revel and Roll
- 18-hole round of golf x4 with cart – donated by Stonebridge Golf Club
- Men’s Bulova Watch – donated by Lewis Jewelers
- David Bowie signed guitar – donated by Hard Rock
- Justin Verlander signed baseball – donated by Nichole Maffucci
- Folds of Honor autographed flag – donated by Bob McCann
- Autographed Football – donated by Peyton Manning