Activity #2: Interview with a Service Member/Veteran
Do you know a service member or veteran? Consider setting up a video or phone chat to learn more about what it’s like being a veteran. Write up a short paragraph about what you learned.
Below are 10 interview question ideas:
1. What branch of the military did/do you serve in?
2. What motivated you to join the military?
3. What is/was your primary job after training (MOS)?
4. How many/which years did you serve in the military?
5. Have you traveled to another country for the military? If so, where?
6. What was the ‘best’ and ‘worst’ military food you ever ate?
7. What was the strangest or most uncomfortable place you ever had to sleep?
8. Who was your closest friend while you were serving, and what is your favorite memory of them?
9. Do you have any family members in the military? If so, which branch(es)?
10. What was the most rewarding part of being in the military?