Stations, Programmers and Talent – Homeless Veterans Need Your Help!
They fought for us, now we fight for them. Right now, over 37,000 homeless veterans are living on the streets, some sleeping on nothing more than a piece of cardboard. We strive now to mover everyone of those veterans from Cardboard to Headboard.
Radio has always been a highly effective media to rally their community, state, and nation to help those in need.
From now until Veterans Day, your support of the national “Veterans Matter Cardboard 2 Headboard” campaign at any level helps you rally your community by engaging, and uniting your listeners, advertisers, and sponsors into one movement to assure that every veteran in America has a home for the brave in the land of the free.
Lee Brice created his own Cardboard2Headboard
sign to inspire his fans to house more Veteran Heroes.
Our national radio Cardboard2Headboard and Veterans Matter Honor-Thon campaigns are driven by the incredible team of Mike McVay with McVay Media Consulting and the Benztown Audio Imaging and Production Team!
Long-form Honor-Thon broadcast content is produced by National Creative Consultant, William “Broadway” Bertschinger with Cumulus Detroit.
To all of you, we say thank you for caring about the forgotten veterans on the streets! They are not alone, they have you.
Veterans Matter Radio 101
This 2 minute video followed Mickey Guyton’s National Anthem at the CRB convention open.
John Mellencamp: Home Again – In Their Own Words
In 4 minutes you can see why we need to help.
Sample Veterans Day Content
This is one of the Veterans Day promo’s created by Benztown. We added the video to support the social campaign.
Sample Campaign Videos
Cardboard 2 Headboard & Veterans Matter PSAs
- George Thorogood
- Chase Rice
- Don Barnes
- Matt Stell
- Dustin Lynch
- Justin Moore
- Mitchell Tenpenny
- Cody Newman
- Carly Pearce
- Craig Morgan
- Elizabeth Lyons
- Benztown Campaign and Veterans Day :15’s & :30’s
- Carrie Underwood
- Chris Janson
- Chris Young
- Cole Swindell
- Dierks Bentley
- Florida Georgia Line
- Justin Moore
- Kane Brown
- Little Big Town
- Luke Bryan
- Maren Morris
Additionally, we provide plug-and-play content for the Veterans Day Honor-Thon will include variable length emotional short and long-form story songs, vignettes, liners, PSAs, as well as localized social media and website content including videos and images for your station. All of this results in your station, sponsors and community supporting your station in housing more heroes.
How to Help our Nation’s Unhoused Heroes
Based on the success of the 2020 pilot, there are three levels to the campaign:
Veterans Matters Cardboard to Headboard Campaign
- We will be providing a 4-part rotating series of celebrity and Benztown produced “Cardboard to Headboard” PSAs to run now and leading up to Veterans Day. These will raise positive audience awareness, particularly with your veteran and veteran supportive listeners, because your station is standing up for the forgotten veterans on the streets.
- We will provide a 4-part series of station branded social media marketing assets to identify your station as your community’s rally point, providing the same audience benefit as above.
Veterans Matters Veterans Day Honor-Thon
- Piloted last year this was a highly successful way to use Veterans Day to raise or solidify your position with veterans and veteran friendly sponsors and audience members, and most importantly, house veterans.
- This is an all day Veterans Day Honor-Thon event allowing you to recognize your local veterans, and air national and/or station produced content designed to give audiences a way to thank all veterans by housing the ones in crisis who need us most.
- We will provide the highest quality content to fill the day, all customizable to your station and brand, as well as customized social media for your station’s Honor-Thon.